Featuring

If you would like to ADVERTISE for a flat rate per month on this blog, contact: familytracker@yahoo.com


If you are interested in buying any of the items from the site, click on the link to the items and we get a portion of the sale. Thank you.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Beismer surname

My maternal grandfather's surname was Beismer.  It's been a difficult surname to research.  I current have about 2 dozen possible variant spellings including:  Beesimer, Beesmer, Beasmer, Beasimer, Biesemiere.

My grandfather said his family was Swiss and German Dutch (German).  I have never found the Swiss connection although there is a town in Belgium with a similar spelling to Beisemiere, right near the Swiss border.  I don't know where they came from.  I  can't make a connection between the Beesimers in Ulster County and those in Sullivan County.  They have been one of the most difficult families to research.  There are many gaps in records. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a response, please leave your email address.