Featuring

If you would like to ADVERTISE for a flat rate per month on this blog, contact: familytracker@yahoo.com


If you are interested in buying any of the items from the site, click on the link to the items and we get a portion of the sale. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Preserving the Vandermark Family Cemetery and other cemetery concerns

 I'm back on this.

But, before that -- there are new and interesting links that I've added.  See the Links tab above.

Rural NYS has a lot of small cemeteries, some of them originally family burial spaces, that should be preserved and, in some cases, promoted as interesting places to visit.

I've tried to get enough people interested in working with me, and to comply NYS regulations, to form a family cemetery association for the Vandermark Family Cemetery in Debruce, NY.  There's also the Henry Family Cemetery, nearby, closer to the road.  The Vandermark Family Cemetery was the burial place of family members of the Vandermark, Hogancamp and Beismer families. It is, unhappily, landlocked so access, in the past, has sometimes been difficult.  There is a road to it but, the last time I was there, that road was on private property.

I have a few new ideas to get this done.

I'm not finding information at the NYS site today, but I'm determined to get this done.  There may be legal work to be done and fees, etc.  That's one of the reasons for the GoFundMe I started, so I can get this and other things done.

I want the cemetery preserved for the families.

I'm also interested in green burial and green funerals which also preserves open space and can provide a natural and historic place for people to visit.

If anyone is interested in working on this, please let me know; I'll appreciate the help.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a response, please leave your email address.