Featuring

If you would like to ADVERTISE for a flat rate per month on this blog, contact: familytracker@yahoo.com


If you are interested in buying any of the items from the site, click on the link to the items and we get a portion of the sale. Thank you.

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Zoom

 Anybody interested in participating in occasional Zoom family history meetings?

Zoom is an app that you can download for free, the Zoom client.  It allows you to sign in to a Zoom meeting that somebody sets up.

When my father was in the veterans' home, they set up Zoom meetings so I could talk to him.  You see and hear each other, and everyone else who's there.  It's not like chat where you have to go back and forth.  It's like being in the same room.

It takes a little getting used to; there are audio and video controls to set.  You can mute you microphone.  You have to get the Zoom meeting link from whoever is setting up the session unless it's a regularly scheduled meeting, then you just have to start up the Zoom app and sign in.

In any case, having just responded to a couple of people on Facebook, after they posted a response to something I posted earlier, it occurred to me that, if people are interested in exchanging family history information in real time, on Zoom, we can do that and I'd love that.

I will set up a new Zoom account for this purpose.  Email me at familytracker@yahoo.com if you're interested and I'll schedule a Zoom meeting.

Let me know.  Thank you.

                     


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a response, please leave your email address.