Featuring

If you would like to ADVERTISE for a flat rate per month on this blog, contact: familytracker@yahoo.com


If you are interested in buying any of the items from the site, click on the link to the items and we get a portion of the sale. Thank you.

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Quick Update

 I just added a few people to the Beismer One-Name Study.  

Simeon Arnold Beismer

There are now 106 individuals in the Beismer One-Name Study.  I think I have finally arrived at a routine to handle most of what I want to do with the study but I have to go back and be sure that all the steps have been taken with each individual.

The basics of the study will be:

  1. Collect the name of every individual I can find, anywhere I can find them with any of the variant names that I've found.
  2. Add each individual to my own genealogy database and 
  3. Create a profile for that individual @ WikiTree.
  4. Link that individual to other members of their family @ WikiTree with the aim of connecting branches of that family to other branches.
  5. Add information about that individual to the statistics spreadsheet I have created which will track: the decade they were born, the place they were born, their gender, the decade they died, and the place they died.
Progress of the study will be reported here and at the One-Name Study web site which is still in development.  Right now, I have to go back and enter the stats for those people I've already added to the study.

I invite all of you related to the families to join the study at WikiTree.  Add yourself in WikiTree (it's free) and add yourself to the study.  Connect yourself to family members who already have profiles @ WikiTree.  Then, add your family members to the study.  I will send you copies of the statistics spreadsheet which you can send back to me from time to time.

More on this and the Wormuth One-Name Study and other research I'm doing, later.

                              


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a response, please leave your email address.